If you suffer with back pain, neck pain or have been diagnosed with a disc bulge or herniation, we may have the solution…
Your quality of life is important to us. Non-Surgical Spinal decompression is a proven and effective safe treatment to help you get out of pain and get your life back. Your first visit will start with a one on one consultation and thorough examination to help you qualify for the right kind of treatment.
- Like a shock absorber for a car, the disc is the shock absorber for the spine. When too much
pressure is placed on the disc, it bulges or herniates.
- Spinal Decompression isolates the herniated disc and applies a traction force to reduce the bulge.
The effects of spinal decompression
- Enlarges the space between discs
- Reduces herniations
- Separates the facet joints establishing potential for improved alignment and mobility
Do i need Spinal Decompression Treatment?
If you have any of the following symptoms:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Numbness and Tingling in the upper or lower extremities
- Disc Bulges and Herniations
- Nerves that are irritated or pinched due to Cervical or Lumbar Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Stenosis
You may need Spinal Decompression Treatment – Call us Today!
What makes spinal decompression unique and effective?
- Spinal Decompression uses a slow logarithmic mechanism to gently increase the weight, allowing most patients to rest comfortably during treatment.
- The cycling effect of the treatment decompresses the injured disc and holds for 1 minute followed by 30 seconds of rest. This creates a pump-like action within the disc causing nutrients, blood flow and oxygen to be introduced into the disc area which speeds healing of the disc and surrounding soft tissue.
- The Spinal Decompression computer reads the amount of pressure being applied to the spine 13 times per second and adjusts if it detects a change in pressure. This is done using sensitive servo motors.
Herniated Disc – Herniated Disk
Spine Clinic Vancouver
What are my treatment options for a herniated disc?
If you live in North America, and in the city of Vancouver your options range from yoga to surgery and everything in between. Bulging discs and sciatic pain affect up to 30% of the population at one time or another. The primary cause of disc herniation is disc degeneration, or more commonly known as arthritis. Your disc
acts as a shock absorber, but through years of wear and tear, the outer fibers of the disc begin to weaken, the disc itself, which acts like a sponge, dries out
and eventually a protrusion forms.
Up until recently, many people were unaware of what to do short of surgery and
corticosteroid injections. Conventional spinal traction has been used for years
by chiropractors and physiotherapists in efforts to relieve pressure on bulging
discs with moderate levels of success. In 2004, several chiropractors in
Vancouver discovered a new approach to reliving sciatic pain, spinal decompression therapy.
Finally there is a non-surgical option that is called spinal decompression. The
main focus of spinal decompression is to relieve pressure on the bulging,
degenerative disc by using an oscillating force to distract the spine and create
negative pressure in the disc, drawing in the disc bulge thereby allowing the
spine to heal naturally without invasive intervention. With treatment outcomes
that range from 60-75% success, as compared to surgery with treatment outcomes as low as 1 in 3, spinal decompression is your best treatment option to avoid
Dr. Daniel E. Zybutz
Life Chiropractic and Massage
4168 Dunbar Street
Phone (604)742-0702 Fax (604)742-0703